Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Been Awhile


This post is from my other blog which I have now merged with this one. I decided to merge all my old posts about Savannah's life into this blog and use my other one for a personal blog. There are a lot of old posts I've now added on here from 2007 and one new one from 2008. The following is a copy of my last blog post from my other blog.

It's been awhile since I've posted. I have been using my other blog since Savannah was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at her 9 month check-up. The other blog is called Savannah's Hip Story, and is located at http://savannahs-hip-journey.blogspot.com. I am going to try to start posting on better on both blogs, but that might prove impossible with all we've had to take on lately.

We still have the two hemangioma's, and she currently has another open sore on the one in her diaper region. We've been treating that in hopes it will just heal up and she won't have to go through another laser treatment. She's been through so much already, and it's just not fair. She has been such a great baby, and I just want all of this to be over and for her to be a normal little girl again.

I feel like we are always either making dr. appointments, or at an appointment these days. She has two appointments in March, and two in April. If the sore on her hemangioma doesn't heal on it's own, another appointment will have to be made for that. One of her appointments that's already scheduled is for the pediatric neurologist. She still has twiches and things going on that we are concerned about. I hope it's all behavioral, but with everything else she's endured, I want to be completely certain. I am truely nervous about that appointment.

That is about the gist of my life lately. Savannah has been in a brace for a little over a month now, and we have 5 more to go. There is a 50/50 chance she will need to have another surgery when she's 18 months, and that would put her back in a spica cast for another 6 weeks. I am praying for a miracle because I don't know how I will be able to endure another surgery and cast after seeing her so happy and mobile in the brace. I am praying that she will need no other surgeries, and that this brace is our last step in this hip journey.

No comments: