Friday, August 17, 2007

6 Month Check-up

She's 6 and a half months old already! Where has the time gone already? She is seriously growing way too fast. She had her 6 month check-up today, and she's doing great. She now weighs 14 lbs 14 oz, and she is 25 3/4 inches long. She's not a fat baby at all, just those cute little chubby cheeks she's had since she was born!

The only thing different about today's appointment was being told that Savannah has a heart murmer. I was told not to worry about it (YEAH RIGHT!..impossible!), and that it was very very mild at this point. The doctor told us that on a severity scale from 1-6, she is at a 1 right now, meaning we will just monitor it at future check-ups. If the murmer changes (gets louder, stronger..according to the dr.), then that is another story that will require some tests! The doctor said that it could just go away, and that is what I am hoping and praying will happen. I will update after her next check-up. Her next appointment will be in 3 months.. she will be ....GASP... 9 MONTHS!!

Everybody keeps asking me what all she can do now at 6.5 months! Lets see... she can roll over both ways, she swims on her belly and scoots around some ( she's trying to crawl), and the newest milestone.... drumroll.... she is trying to SAY MAMA! I thought I might have been imagining it, but she did it again last night. Matt heard her, and agreed that she was trying to say it already! I don't consider this her first word yet, because it's still not consistent or completely clear, but I honestly don't think it will be much longer! Tee-hee, I love it! I know there is more she can do, but I will leave it at that for now.

However, I must mention that Savannah has the cutest belly laugh I have ever heard in my life. It amazes me the things that can make her laugh, such as a wind-sock or a piece of paper that is being shook in front of her. My favorite thing is when I laugh, she laughs with me!

Tonight is probably going to be a harder night for my little all night sleeper. She has slept a lot more today since she's gotten her shots, and I am afraid that will either cause her to wake up during the night or really early in the morning! Things might go better than I am anticipating, but only time will tell. She was running fever earlier from the shots, and she is sleeping in her daddy's arms now!

No comments: