Sunday, January 6, 2008

Life Changing

It's been awhile since I've posted. We've been so overwhelmed with taking care of Savannah, and lately she hasn't been sleeping well at night. Being sleep deprived makes it really hard to function and post as much as I'd like too. Only one major thing has happened since I've posted last, and it has totally changed Savannah's quality of life while in the cast, not to mention mine and Matt's.

A man that works with my mother made a special table for Savannah. He hand-made this table, and designed it so she could play like a normal baby. It's the most wonderful thing seeing her play in her new table. She's so happy, and she's able to play normal again. Words can not express what it is like for a parent of a child who is disabled (whether temporarily or permantly) to see their child given the chance to be a normal child. Seeing her playing in her new table has brought tears to my eyes (Matt's too) more times than you can imagine. This man, whose name I will keep private, has changed my daughter's life more than he is probably aware. He has single handedly given her the ability to play and function like a normal baby while she is stuck in that confining spica cast. We are also able to feed her in it. Her appetite has also increased and is better than normal since we've had the table. There are no amount of words that I could say that could adequately thank this man. I just hope he knows how much we love the table, and how he has changed the life of a little girl and made her very happy.

I am going to update this post later with pictures. I'm just behind.

No comments: