Thursday, June 28, 2007

Savannah's Big Girl Bed!

Savannah is no longer sleeping in the basinett. I found a portable crib mattress that fits her pack and play perfectly and the sheets to go with it. It was the perfect solution, and the mattress only cost around $20. That is a lot cheaper than buying a co-sleeper for around $200!

I went shopping with my mother June 24, and that's when we lucked up on the mattress. I was even able to place it inside a pack and play that was on display before buying it. It must have really been my lucky day because I also found the munchkin bottles that I've been looking for the past several months. We bought one to try, and it turned out to be an awesome bottle. It does not leak all over Savannah while she eats, and the nipple doesn't stop up like the other bottles. I am definately going to purchase more of these bottles!

I have to mention TJ MAX! I LOVE this place. They have tons of the cutest brand name clothes, and they are always marked down CHEAP. I love buying Savannah's clothes there. Anyway, it ended up being a great shopping trip! After setting up the pack and play to use as a bed with the new mattress, I put Savannah in it before bedtime to introduce her to it. I told her she had a big girl bed now, and she just kicked her legs and smiled really big.

Now, I always call it her big girl bed! I thought she might be difficult to transition into a new bed the first night, but she slept through the night right off the bat. We know we are really lucky, because she has been sleeping through the night for a long time now. She is truely an awesome baby!

I can't believe my baby girl has finally outgrown the basinett. I will miss those times when she was a little newborn baby in her basinett sleeping beside me in the recliner. Those are precious times, and it went by so darn fast. I am excited about her new bed, but It's also bittersweet too.

My precious little baby girl is growing up so fast!

No comments: