Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Word!

DA-DA! :)

Savannah said her first word today at daycare!! I just couldn't believe it. She's been trying to say Ma-ma for awhile, and all of a sudden she just starts saying Da-da over and over. I was excited, but I almost felt kinda defeated too because I can't wait until she says ma-ma. I'm a little bit jealous, but it's ok. She'll say ma-ma soon enough... for now she can bug da-da for everything! (ha-ha)

Tonight while we were dressing her after her bath, Savannah started saying da-da over and over while laying in her crib. It was the first time Matt had heard her do it, and he was just in hog heaven! You would think he was just annointed king or something! It was sorta funny to sit back and watch him get so excited. I actually thought it was sweet. She is growing so fast that I will gladly wait patiently for her to say ma-ma. I can't believe she's almost 8 months old already. Sometimes, I really just want to freeze her in time! I already miss my newborn baby, and soon she won't even be a baby anymore at all. I just want to treasure every second I have with her now.

DA-DA will go in her books as her first word. I guess crawling is next since she is already scooting on her belly all over the place! :)

No comments: