Wednesday, May 23, 2007

1st Laser Treatment Tommorow

We are taking Savannah tomorrow to have a laser treatment on her hemangioma. I talked to the nurse at the Dermatology Clinic at Arkansas Children's Hospital regarding the treatment with the topical antibiotic we have been doing for a little over a week now. It just wasn't healing well, so they recommended we bring her to the clinic tomorrow to have a laser treatment done.

I have researched the laser treatment for this sort of thing, and it's obviously the best way to go for this type of problem. It is supposed to seal off the open area that is ulcerated and help promote healing. I will do anything to make her life (exspecially during diaper changes) easier.

I am very nervous about the whole laser surgery thing. I don't want to see her go through a lot of pain, and I don't really know what exactly she will have to endure. I am just praying it won't be bad at all.

No comments: