Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Savannah's First Stroll

Matt and I took Savannah strolling around the block for the first time. We decided it would be a great way for the both of us to get some much needed exercise, and Savannah could get some fresh air. She seemed to really enjoy it a lot. We stopped by our neighbor's house, so they could see her. They were both getting out of their vehicles when we went by their house. I think they both enjoyed finally getting to see her, and Savannah even got another gift. A set of 5 bodysuits which were the perfect size for her to wear now. She actually needed some more of these bodysuits, so we were happy about that.

We strolled to the end of our street, and Matt ran around the corner to the Movie Gallery (to take back a movie). I slowly strolled Savannah back towards our house while waiting on Matt to catch up. Savannah fell asleep on the way back home. I have always dreamed of taking my own child out in the stroller, and today it finally happened. I enjoyed it very much. It was great spending quality time as a family without a television or a computer. I enjoyed being able to have a conversation with Matt while we were out strolling. It was just so nice in so many different ways.

Weather permitting and barring nothing else comes up (baby sick, etc), we are planning to do this everyday. Tomorrow we are taking a different route. We will be strolling by some of our other neighbor's house (so they can see her), and we will make that block and head home. I can't wait!

No comments: