Thursday, May 10, 2007

Viral Infection

This morning started out like always. Matt waking me up and then taking Savannah out of my arms, so I can get dressed. Savannah and I have a special time early in the mornings before I have to go to work. If she wakes up in time, I always feed her the morning bottle, and then we sleep together in the recliner until I have to get up and go to work. I love this mother-daughter time with her, and I know one day she will be too big to sleep in the recliner with me. I want to cherish these times while she is a baby as much as I possibly can, because I know that time is precious and it will fly by fast. It's already been three months which just seems so surreal. She's growing and changing so fast.

The day started as always. Me running around the house trying to get ready as fast as I could. I have to put on my make-up, do my hair, pack the diaper bag, dress Savannah, and fit breakfast in there somewhere. While dressing Savannah, I took her temperature because she felt a little too warm and flushed. It was 100 degrees, so I gave her a dose of tylenol. I just figured she must be trying to teeth or maybe she is still running a fever from her shots back in April. Somebody told me they can run a little fever after the shots, and sometimes it lasts this long. That didn't make sense to me, but then again I am a new mother still learning. She's been running a little fever on and off for the past few weeks, so I didn't think much of it.

Naturally, I took her to daycare and went to work like always. I received a call at 8:30 from the daycare telling me I had to go get her because she couldn't stay if she was running a 100 fever rectally. So for the first time, I had to go pick my baby girl up from daycare because she was sick. She definitely acted like she wasn't feeling good when I picked her up. I decided I better take her to a doctor to get her checked out just to be on the safe side. We saw a lady doctor in a town 30 minutes away, and she was really good. After examining her, she said that everything looked great, but a low grade fever, decrease in appetite, and her fussiness were key signs that she had a viral infection. I was told to continue giving her the tylenol for the fever, and that she should get better in a few days. If not, she was to come back to the doctor.

The worst part of this appointment was discovering that she has an ulcer forming on her hemangioma that's on her butt. It looks really bad, and it's got me worried. I was told to call the dermatologist and let him know because she might have to be seen. I tried calling the dermatologist's nurse all the way home, but no such luck. I will try again tomorrow. This is really stressing me out, and I want to get it taken care of immediately.

No comments: