Friday, May 11, 2007

First Laugh

Savannah reached another milestone when she laughed outloud for the first time today.

I always go to the daycare at lunch to check on her, and today wasn't any different. I was holding her in my lap facing me, and I was baby-talking to her telling her how precious she is to me when she just belted out a laugh. She did it several times. It was the cutest thing ever, and the best sound I've ever heard in my life. There are no words that can describe the joy I felt hearing her laugh. It was awesome!

The rest of my day was fairly easy today. I had annual review conferences this morning, and the afternoon off to prepare for next weeks conferences. I managed to get a lot accomplished despite having to travel room to room trying to find a computer I could use to do my work. Conferences were being held in my classroom, and the Due Process Clerk took her computer with her to the other school. I managed to use a computer in one of the computer labs, and I got a lot done.

Savannah visited my classroom for the first time today. It was after school, and I was staying a little late to get some work done. Matt came home early from work, and brought Savannah to the school to see me. It was so sweet. She brought me a little flower picture holder and a card with her handprint on it that she made at daycare today. It was for Mother's Day on Sunday. The handprint in the card is priceless because it is the only handprint I have right now. I love it.

No comments: